The Ultimate Guide to DSSSB: Everything You Need to Know
Unlock your dream job with DSSSB: Discover insider tips, expert advice and hidden secrets in our ultimate guide!
Table of Contents
The Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB) is one of the biggest and most important government recruitment bodies in India. With thousands of job seekers vying for a handful of positions offered by DSSSB, it is important to have a thorough understanding of the recruitment process, the eligibility criteria, and the different exam patterns. But with so much information out there, it can be overwhelming to know where to start. This definitive guide, "The Ultimate Guide to DSSSB: Everything You Need to Know," aims to provide a comprehensive overview of everything you need to know about DSSSB, from the application process to the final selection. Whether you are a fresh job seeker or a seasoned professional looking for a career change, this guide is your one-stop-shop for all things DSSSB.
DSSSB (Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board) is a government body responsible for selecting and recruiting candidates for various departments and organizations under the Government of Delhi. DSSSB conducts multiple exams throughout the year to fill vacancies in teaching, non-teaching, and technical positions. The organization is crucial to securing a government job in Delhi, and therefore, it has become increasingly competitive to excel in DSSSB exams.
What is DSSSB?
DSSSB is a government body that follows the guidelines of the Government of NCT of Delhi to conduct exams for various posts. The organization works with the objective to recruit trained and skilled individuals and fill the vacant posts in different departments under the Government of Delhi.
» Roles and Responsibilities of DSSSB
The roles and responsibilities of DSSSB include:
• Conducting exams to fill vacant posts in government departments and organizations
• Selecting eligible candidates for different posts under the Government of Delhi
• Maintaining a database of eligible candidates
DSSSB Eligibility Criteria
To apply for DSSSB exams, candidates should fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
• Age Limit: The minimum age limit is 18 years, and the maximum age limit varies as per the category and the post applied. The upper age limit is relaxed for candidates belonging to reserved categories, including SC, ST, OBC, and others.
• Educational Qualifications: The educational qualifications vary depending on the post applied. Generally, candidates should have completed graduation for teaching positions and 10th pass for non-teaching positions.
• Nationality: The candidate should be an Indian citizen to apply for DSSSB exams.
» DSSSB Exam Pattern & Syllabus
The selection process for DSSSB exams usually involves the following stages:
• Tier 1 - Online Exam (Objective MCQs)
• Tier 2 - Online Exam (English Language & Comprehension)
• Skill Test (Where ever Applicable)
DSSSB Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for DSSSB exams varies depending on the post applied. However, most exams follow a similar pattern, which includes:
• The question paper consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQ).
• The total number of questions varies from exam to exam.
• The total duration of the exam also varies.
• Candidates get 1 mark for every correct answer, and there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
» DSSSB Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for DSSSB exams varies depending on the post applied. However, below is the common syllabus that candidates must prepare for:
• General Awareness
• General Intelligence & Reasoning Ability
• Arithmetical & Numerical Ability
• Hindi Language & Comprehension and English Language & Comprehension
Also Read :- UP PGT Preparation 2023 : Tips & Tricks
Tips and Tricks to Crack DSSSB Exams
To crack DSSSB exams, candidates must prepare well. Below are some tips and tricks to help candidates prepare more efficiently:
• Refer to previous years' question papers and analyze the pattern.
• Practice more MCQs and improve your time management skills.
• Make a study plan and stick to it.
• Revise regularly and maintain short notes of important topics.
• Stay updated with the current affairs and general knowledge topics.
Also Read :- What Does It Take to Succeed in UGC NET Exam
DSSSB Admit Card, Answer Key and Result
The admit card, answer key, and result are crucial parts of DSSSB exams. Below is a brief on each of them:
DSSSB Admit Card
The DSSSB admit card is a mandatory document that candidates must carry to the exam hall. It contains essential information like the candidate's name, roll number, exam center, date, and time. Below are the steps to download DSSSB admit cards:
1. Visit the official website of DSSSB
2. Click on the link "Download Admit Card.
3. Enter the registration number and password.
4. The admit card will appear on the screen. Download and take a printout.
DSSSB Answer Key
DSSSB releases the answer key after conducting the exams. Candidates can download the answer key and analyze their performance. Below are the steps to check the DSSSB answer key:
1. Visit the official website of DSSSB.
2. Click on the link "Answer Key.
3. Select the exam code and date.
4. The answer key will appear on the screen. Download and compare your answers.
DSSSB declares the result on its official website a few weeks after conducting the exams. Candidates can check the results by following the below steps:
1. Visit the official website of DSSSB.
2. Click on the link "Results.
3. Enter the roll number and date of birth.
4. The result will appear on the screen.
5. Download and take a printout.
DSSSB Salary and Job Profiles
DSSSB offers various job profiles with an attractive salary package. Below is the salary structure for different posts under DSSSB:
|Assistant Teacher (Primary)||Rs. 9300-34800 + Grade Pay 4200/- Group: 'B'|
|Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT)||Rs. 9300-34800 + Grade Pay 4600/- Group: 'B'|
|Post Graduate Teacher (PGT)||Rs. 9300-34800 + Grade Pay 4800/- Group: 'B'|
|Clerk||Rs. 5200-20200 + Grade Pay 2000/- Group: 'C'|
|Stenographer||Rs. 5200-20200 + Grade Pay 2400/- Group: 'C'|
Below is a brief on the job profiles offered by DSSSB:
Assistant Teacher (Primary)
Assistant Teachers (Primary) are responsible for teaching primary students and preparing study materials. They assist the senior teachers and help in maintaining the discipline and decorum of the classroom.
Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT)
TGTs are responsible for teaching students from class 6th to 10th. They prepare lesson plans, assess student performance, and provide guidance and counseling to the students.
Post Graduate Teacher (PGT)
PGTs are responsible for teaching senior secondary students. They prepare and conduct exams, evaluate exam papers, and maintain discipline in the classroom. They mentor and guide students for higher education and career opportunities.
Clerks are responsible for handling administrative tasks like maintaining records, preparing reports, and handling official correspondence.
Stenographers are responsible for taking dictations and transcribing them into written form. They also handle administrative tasks like filing, record-keeping, and correspondence.
Also Read :- Pass the KVS PRT Teacher Interview
DSSSB exams are essential to secure a job in various government departments and organizations in Delhi. Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria, prepare well, and stay updated to crack the exams. They should regularly check the DSSSB website for the latest updates related to exams, admit card, answer key, and result. They should also explore job profiles and salary offered under DSSSB to make informed career decisions.